This policy will be updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to respond to enquiries and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Who are we?
Isaac’s House is a small charity with a vision to help vulnerable children in Uganda. We currently have 19 children living at Isaac’s House children’s home in a safe, stable, family environment.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to respond to your queries and to understand how you use our website, enabling us to deliver an improved service.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the service we provide through this website.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about Isaac’s House that we think might be relevant to you.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions. Any data collected will be anonymised and will not contain any personal information.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
Our website contains a contact form and some forms which allow you to subscribe to our marketing emails.
If you fill in a contact form, your details will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have otherwise specifically indicated that you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
If you subscribe to our marketing emails, you will receive periodic email communication from Isaac’s House. You can change your mind at any time via one of these methods:
- Click the unsubscribe link which can be found at the bottom of each of our emails.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the isaacshouse.org domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.